Friday 5 July 2013

Feature Friday: Weealbet


Hey Simmers! Welcome to the first Feature Friday, where each week I showcase one of my favourite YouTubers.



This week’s featured YouTuber is Weealbet. I first learnt about his channel through Twitter and I subscribed because of the thorough reviews he conducts.  Along with reviews, he provides Lets Plays (LPs) and tutorials. Notably, just in the past few days he has posted a tutorial on how to get dive lots into different worlds, which is something Producers told us was not possible. He was able to work it out and was kind enough to share it with everyone. The quality of each and every video he posts is what keeps me watching.

Each week as a part of Feature Friday, the featured YouTuber answers a standard set of questions. Here’s how the interview went with Weealbet:

YouTube Questions 
1. How long have you had your channel?  
I haven't had my channel for long. I celebrated my first month as a 'YouTuber' on July 1st. 
2. Out of all your videos, which is your favourite? 
 Oooh, now there's a question! I think I would have to say my Aurora Skies Overview video. It is a world, which held no interest to me in the slightest until I saw other Simmers images and thought it suited my play style of the game. It is also (unfortunately) a world which has a lot of negativity associated with it, so I was eager to put the world in a positive light, while still discussing some of it's flaws. 
3. What (or who) inspired you to a start your channel?  
I help on another fansite (http://www.thesimstopicteam.com) where I write reviews of Store Content along with other reviewers. I am quite a chatty person in my reviews and I felt that words and pictures were not enough for me to show off the content. The only real solution that I could think of was to start doing video reviews/overviews.

The main driving force behind me starting a video series is of a more personal nature. Outside of The Sims I have public speaking and telephone speaking anxiety. As I am currently about to start my third year in an Honours Degree at university, I needed a way to try and help with my anxiety. The Sims has always been a way to help me with my anxiety so I naturally thought of doing commentated video's of the game itself. In only a month I have had a lot of progress of the personal kind from doing these videos. 
The Sims Questions 
1. What's your favourite EP?  
My favourite expansion pack for The Sims 3 has to be Seasons! While it seemed light on content initially, it came at a time when my interest in the game was wavering. The beauty of the changing weather and seasons in the game is something that still takes my breath away, even today. It also works behind the scenes of the game, without me having to do anything outside of my normal play style to experience the expansion packs features. It feels as if it has always been in the game, which I personally think is what makes an expansion pack. 
2. What's your favourite SP?  
Hmmmm. Tough question. I would have to say Outdoor Living is my favorite. I like having patio areas in my Sims homes, but the choices in the game were a bit same-y. Outdoor Living added variety to my Sims' gardens and the items were very well made! I couldn't imagine NOT having it now! 
3. What's your favourite world? 
Another tough one! If I were to pick from the base game or expansion packs, I would have to say Twinbrook. I loved the atmosphere in that world and the lake in the middle is stunning. It has a nice mixture of low income houses, mid-income houses and high wealth houses. And the town area is just adorable!
From the Store Worlds my favorite World, without a doubt, would have to be Aurora Skies! From it's announcement to two weeks after it's launch I wasn't that interested in it. However, after seeing other player’s images of it over on The Sims 3 Forums, I could see myself playing it. I had ideas of what I wanted to add, remove and change in the World. So I purchased it. Since then it has been the only World I have played in, with the exception of Isla Paradiso from Island Paradise. But the main reason I'm using that World at the moment is mostly due to my Let's Play series, and I want to see the features of this Expansion Pack fully before I incorporate them into Aurora Skies. 
4. Are you thinking about buying the Sims 4? 
I know that I will eventually, but I am waiting for more news to be released on it first before I decide if I want to pre-order it or not. 
5. How long have you played The Sims? 
I have played the series since it first launched in 2000 when I was 11 years old. I've practically grown up with the series!
Thank you for reading the very first Feature Friday! Make sure you go and check out Weealbet’s channel. You can also find him on Twitter.


Next week I will be featuring another YouTuber, so stay tuned! Each week they are picked based on my viewing of their videos. If I’m not subscribed to you, it means I probably don’t know about your channel, so feel free to tweet, email or comment with the link!

No comments:

Post a Comment